My entry into the 2015 Seven-Day Roguelike Challenge is complete! Deathdealer, an arena combat roguelike with trading card game mechanics, is finished and available for you to play.
- Survive as long as possible against endless waves of fiendishly difficult enemies
- Mix and match three schools of magic
- Customize your character’s deck from 69 different cards
- Vanquish 32 types of enemies, including 6 absurdly lethal boss monsters
- Unlock new cards every 5 waves to expand your capabilities
- Simple controls make the game easy to play
- Advanced ASCII graphics technology for a modern user experience
- WASD, arrow keys, or vi-keys to move or use menus
- 1-7 to cast spells from your hand
- Tab to view enemy information
- Spacebar or period to wait one turn, to make selections in menus, or to exit the deck builder
- + and – to add or remove cards from your deck
- Escape to quit
- Enemy pathfinding is rather weak.
- Minimum deck size of 20 cards is not enforced, and issues may occur with decks of 7 or fewer cards; please make your decks contain at least 20 cards.
- No in-game help is available.
- Completely untested on any platforms other than Mac OS X.